Our Local Impact
We’re proud to participate in the following local programs:
- Clark County Green Business Program.
This initiative recognizes local businesses who are environmentally sustainable and provides resources that promote long-lasting environmentally aware efforts.
- Clark County Public Utilities Green Lights Program.
This partnership contributes to the development of regional renewable energy projects. It also provides local education focused on energy conservation and renewable energy generation.
Climate Neutral Certified
We’re proud to be Climate Neutral Certified. This credential indicates our efforts to offset our yearly carbon footprint. We do this through climate-friendly projects throughout the world. Each project is independently certified to ensure its environment friendly.
Recent efforts include:
- Clean cookstove use in Uganda
- Household biogas digesters in China
- Electric vehicle infrastructure in the U.S.
- Landfill methane capture in the U.S.
- Renewable energy generation in the U.S.
To learn more about this initiative, visit climateneutral.org.
What We’re Doing Right Now
Reducing and replacing plastic in our packaging.
We use easily recycled options with a focus on post-consumer recycled content. Example: Our small item packaging is 100% recycled content with up to 95% post-consumer waste.
High efficiency heating, cooling and lighting throughout our building.
Reducing energy consumption contributes to lowering our carbon footprint. Example: Our office is in a 100-year-old renovated building with energy efficiency components built in.
We’ve Pledged to Fund Planting of One Tree for Each Item Sold
Globally deforestation is becoming its own crisis. This is an issue we feel deeply about and are committed to fund the planting of one tree for each item sold on our site. We’ve partnered with the Eden Reforestation Project to give this effort even more impact.
This organization uses reforestation as a means of improving socio-economic landscapes around the world. They hire impoverished locals to plant, nurture, and guard the newly planted forests. It’s an initiative that’s transforming areas and communities in Nepal, Central America, Kenya, Haiti, and more.
We’re Giving Back 1% for the Planet
We’re proud a member of 1% for the Planet. This global movement allows businesses and individuals to support environmental solutions through everyday actions. The organization reviews our sales and donation plan annually to certify our efforts. To date, our contributions have helped fund $250 million in environmental nonprofit solutions.
How Can You Help?
Environmental care is a group effort. Here’s how you can help:
- Reuse or recycle the packaging materials from your purchase. Almost all our shipping supplies are eco-friendly.
- Find an appropriate recycling option for bubble wrap and mailers. Find your nearest location here.
- Compost or dissolve biodegradable packing peanuts. They’re designed to be zero waste.
- Reuse, recycle, or compost cardboard boxes. Remember to remove any tape.